Andrew Huff is the editor and publisher of Gapers Block, an award-winning Chicago-centric news and events webzine he co-founded in 2003. The site went on hiatus on Jan. 1, 2016; read about it here. A serial early adopter, Andrew created his first webpage in 1996; launched his personal blog (sadly, currently offline) in 2001; and joined both flickr and Twitter in their infancy. You can find his blog on Tumblr for now.
In addition to Gapers Block, he has also worked for several years as a professional blogger for corporate clients, developed content and helped design he has also been a professional blogger for corporate clients, a professor of online journalism, a copywriter for academic websites, and a PR professional for everything from indie rock bands to the tech startups to health care nonprofits. Andrew holds a journalism degree from the Ohio State University and a certificate in medical writing and editing from the University of Chicago, and has presented at SXSW Interactive and other conferences. In 2009 he was named to the Crain's Chicago Business 40 Under 40 list.
• Gapers Block (RIP)
• Tuesday Funk -- A monthly eclectic reading series I co-host.
• 20x2 Chicago -- Shows in April and October at Schubas!
• The Huffencooper Guide to New Orleans -- Cinnamon and my guide to our favorite city (other than Chicago), updated every time we visit.
• It's Not Its (or Its Not It's) -- a handy guide for when to include an apostrophe.
• Cinnamon Rocks!
• Things to Do in Chicago -- A semi-useful, somewhat out of date guide for those at a loss. (I should really update this.)
• Is it news? (Probably not.)
• Get a Chicago star
• El Haiku
• Puck & Prospero's Dialog